University Success Writing is designed for English language learners preparing for mainstream
academic environments. A flexible three-part approach systematically builds skills tied to specific
learning outcomes along with authentic writing strategies from top Stanford University professors.
A strong focus on critical and creative thinking prepares students to approach writing assignments
in different disciplines and write in academic degree classes. The Writing stand supports students
through the writing process and moves them away from the production of highly structured essays.
• Each part is a self-contained module allowing teachers to focus on the highest-value skills and content.
Topics are aligned around science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) content.
– Parts 1 and 2 include presentation and controlled writing practice that guide students through
the writing process while building their essential writing and critical thinking skills.
– Part 3 includes interviews with professors discussing their own writing processes. Assignments
allow students to apply and expand the skills acquired in Parts 1 and 2.
• Additional online skill and vocabulary practices, collaboration activities, and assessments.
• Strategies for academic success and soft skills delivered via online videos.
• NEW! You can now create unique custom University Success content packs with Pearson Collections.