The second edition of The CALLA Handbook is a practical and research based methodology book for all teachers of students learning English as a new language. Each chapter has been updated to reflect new research, content-subject national standards, and adaptations of the CALLA model.
Features of the second edition
- An updated theoretical framework of CALLA, based on current second-language acquisition and learning theory research
- In-depth descriptions and examples for each component of the CALLA model: using content areas standards, developing academic language, and teaching learning strategies.
- A comprehensive analysis of the CALLA instructional sequence to help teachers plan and differentiate instruction
- Standardized test preparation and authentic, performance-based assessments
- Reproducible lesson plans and activities for using the CALLA model to enhance academic growth in English language arts, mathematics, science, and history/social studies