Real Grammar uses the latest corpus research to show how 50 grammatical structures are used in speech and writing. This focus on authentic usage helps students move past traditional grammar texts and use English more like native speakers.
- Real Grammar focuses on the appropriate use of the target structure in four different registers (conversations, fiction, newspaper, and academic writing), with special emphasis on conversation vs. academic writing.
- Rich activities varying from contextualized exercises to discovery and analysis help learners understand and use the target grammar.
- Fifty independent units provide flexibility for both teachers and students. The unit can be taught in any order and fit any curriculum.
- Speech and writing icons clearly identify the skill focus in each unit and allow teachers and students to focus on individualized teaching and learning goals.
- “Be Careful” points emphasize how to avoid typical errors and help students quickly improve their speaking and writing.
Real Grammar is an essential tool for students to study English as it is used in the real world of conversation, fiction, newspaper, and academic writing.
Click here for the Answer Key.