Relaxed learners are more able learners. And what better way to relax students than through humor? Classroom-tested for universal appeal, the humorous passages in Just Joking are guaranteed to bring a smile to students' faces, using topics such as skydiving, marriage, memory, and a new job. Created by Sandra Heyer, author of the best-selling True Stories series, each story serves as the centerpiece of a unit that develops listening and speaking skills through:
- Pre-listening exercises that introduce the story's content and vocabulary.
- Drawings that illustrate the story in comic-strip style.
- A variety of comprehension exercises.
- Engaging writing exercises, including dictation.
- Spin-off discussion activities that involve students in the story's topic.
The book includes an audio CD.