University Success Oral Communication is designed for English language learners preparing for
mainstream academic environments. A flexible three-part approach includes intensive and systematic
skill development tied to learning outcomes along with authentic lectures delivered by top
professors from Stanford University. The Oral Communication strand provides real-life learning
experiences for students who need to achieve academic autonomy.
• Each part is a self-contained module allowing teachers to focus on the highest-value skills and content.
Topics are aligned around science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) content.
– Parts 1 and 2 include short lectures and classroom discussions that allow students to build their
essential listening, speaking, and critical thinking skills.
– Part 3 includes authentic extended lectures that enable students to apply and expand the skills
acquired in Parts 1 and 2.
• Additional online lectures, skill and vocabulary practices, collaboration activities, and assessments.
• Strategies for academic success and soft skills delivered via online videos.
• NEW! You can now create unique custom University Success content packs with Pearson Collections