Ready to Read More: A Skills-Based Reader, by Karen Blanchard and Christine Root, is a part of a three-level series designed to develop reading and vocabulary building skills. In Ready to Read More, high-intermediate students progress step by step through task-based activities that promote reading competency and fluency, leading to academic and test-taking success.
- Sharpen Your Reading Skills provides explicit instruction in reading skills as well as extensive practice and recycling.
- Be an Active Reader activities encourage reading with a purpose.
- As You Read features high-interest readings that allow students to apply their skills.
- Sharpen Your Vocabulary Skills includes practice with prefixes, suffixes, compound words, and collocations.
- Evaluate Your Ideas, Share Your Thoughts, and Explore the Web extend and enrich the reading experience.
- Go Beyond the Text helps students apply the readings to real-life experiences.
The Ready to Read series also includes Get Ready to Read and Ready to Read Now.