The Longman Academic Writing Series helps English language students master the writing skills needed to succeed in their academic careers. The fi ve-level series spans writing topics from composing sentences to writing research papers. Each level covers the complete writing process from prewriting to revision.
Level 3 teaches intermediate students to write various genres of academic paragraphs and essays. The text’s proven approach integrates training in grammar, mechanics, vocabulary, sentence structure, and paragraph and essay organization along with the writing process.
- Realistic writing models and systematic practice empower students to write effectively in different genres. Clear explanations help students grasp and apply key concepts.
- Sentence structure, grammar, and mechanics instruction helps students develop key writing skills.
- A step-by-step approach guides students seamlessly through the writing process.
- Vocabulary sections help students develop language awareness and improve the quality of their writing. Writing Tips provide useful strategies to enhance students’ writing experience.
- Writing Expansions, including journals, timed writing, and summarizing, build written fluency and test-taking skills.
Enhanced Digital Practice
- An improved MyEnglishLab includes additional practice activities and assessments.
- The Pearson Practice English App allows students to complete vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structure activities on their mobile devices.