The Longman Academic Writing Series helps English language students master the writing skills needed to succeed in their academic careers. The fi ve-level series spans writing topics from composing sentences to writing research papers. Each level covers the complete writing process from prewriting to revision.
Level 5 teaches advanced students to write various genres of academic essays and research papers. The text’s writing process approach integrates training in grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, and research techniques along with essay and research paper organization.
- Realistic writing models from various rhetorical genres explore academic disciplines such as biology, sociology, and history.
- Vocabulary sections expand students’ language awareness and improve the quality of their writing. Sentence structure and grammar review helps students improve writing skills.
- A step-by-step approach guides students seamlessly through the writing process.
- Preparation for Writing sections provide guidance and practice in researching, evaluating, and documenting sources.
- Writing Tips provide useful strategies to enhance students’ writing experience.
- Writing Expansions, including journals, timed writing, and summarizing, build written fluency, critical thinking, and test-taking skills.
Enhanced Digital Practice
- An improved MyEnglishLab includes additional practice activities and assessments.
- The Pearson Practice English App allows students to complete vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structure activities on their mobile devices.