Apply Yourself: English for Job Search Success, by Lisa Johnson, Lynn Levey, and Elizabeth Chafcouloff, is an in-depth, comprehensive bvgapproach to the job search process. Apply yourself thoroughly prepares students for the challenges they will face in the job market.
- Integrates the language, skills, and cultural concepts students need to compete in the U.S. job market.
- Focuses on current issues of the job search including short- and long-term goals, networking, and transferable skills.
- Includes Job Culture Notes that increase students' cross-cultural awareness.
- Offers listening selections on audiocassette that focus on real job-search situations, including telephone inquiries, networking, and interviewing.
- Provides communicative, interactive activities such as pair and group work, games, role plays, and problem-solving tasks that give extra practice and reinforcement of language and skills required for the job search.