Providing both a comprehensive language skills course and a wealth of practice for all sections of the test, the Longman Introductory Course for the TOEFL® Test: IBT, by Deborah Phillips, gives intermediate students (scores of 450 to 520 on the paper TOEFL® Test or 45 to 70 on the TOEFL® iBT) all the tools they need to begin to prepare for the TOEFL® iBT integrated-skills test. Upon completion of the Introductory Course, students are ready to handle the more advanced material in Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL® Test: IBT.
Note: You must have the Audio CDs to use the listening material (the Skills Practice, the Mini-Tests, the Complete Tests, and the TOEFL®-level Test) in the textbook. The audio material on the CD-ROM is different from that on the audio CDs. Click here to purchase the Audio CDs.
The Student Book features:
- Updated material for all the new types of passages and questions on the test.
- Diagnostic pre-tests and post-tests that allow students to identify strengths and weaknesses and assess improvement in each section.
- Practice sections for the four skills:
- Reading provides practice exercises in the new test formats, including filling in a table or chart and paraphrasing.
- Listening provides authentic conversations between two people in an academic setting and academic lectures with new questions about a speaker’s attitude or purpose.
- Speaking includes personal and expository tasks and integrated tasks.
- Writing consists of expository and integrated tasks: reading/listening/writing.
- Four mini-tests that preview the test’s integrated four-skills format.
- One complete introductory-level practice test.
- One TOEFL®-level test.
The CD-ROM features:
- Completely different material from that in the Student Book.
- Practice sections for all parts of the test, including speaking.
- Four mini-tests.
- One complete introductory-level practice test and one TOEFL®-level test.
- Pop-up explanations for all items on the CD-ROM.
- Easy-to-use scoring and record-keeping to monitor progress.
- New "send" feature that allows electroninc submisson of results, reports, and spoken and written responses.