With a combined process and product approach, Writing to Communicate puts students on a fast track to clear and effective academic writing.
Writing to Communicate 3 guides students from writing essays based on personal experience and opinions to adding information from outside sources to support their ideas in a research paper.
- Theme-based chapters encourage students to explore ideas.
- Adapted authentic readings provide students with engaging content.
- Abundant and clear models guide students to write effectively.
- Sentence structure and language focus sections improve accuracy.
- Sufficient practice with paraphrasing and quoting outside material helps students to support their ideas with research.
- Pair and group assignments promote collaborative learning.
- Graphic organizers, checklists, and peer-help worksheets enrich the writing process.
- Bringing It All Together review sections provide opportunities for consolidation and assessment