The standards-based Side by Side Plus series prepares students for their roles in the community, school, and at work. The updated Side by Side Plus develops students' career and academic readiness skills and promotes students' independent practice using the eText.
- Standards-based lessons develop competencies aligned with CCRS, CASAS, BEST Plus, and other curriculum frameworks and assessment systems.
- eText connects point-of-use audio to Student Book pages for lively and effective language learning.
- eText FunZone includes standards-based activities, eFlashcards for vocabulary practice, engaging videos, and games that reinforce each unit's objectives.
- Teamwork, critical thinking, and community activities promote cooperative learning, problem-solving, and civics connections.
- New expanded reading comprehension activities and writing lessons develop students' basic academic and career readiness skills.
- Expanded Workbooks with Digital Audio CDs include new Gazette activities, standards-based life skills activities, standardized test practice, and content relating to the College and Career Readiness Standards.
Use the eText to:
- "Flip" the lesson plan by moving some of the core conversation practice outside of class.
- Work on a whiteboard in class.
- Work through the lesson and activities together in class, in the lab, or assigned with the audio as homework for out-of-class practice on computers and tablets.