The latest edition of Ready to Write marks 30 years of this easy-to-teach, user-friendly three book series. With a fresh four-color design and a variety of new activities, this classroom favorite
provides guided writing instruction, dependable strategies, and many opportunities for students to hone the composition skills they need to be successful in personal and academic settings.
New to This Edition
- Updated examples and model paragraphs illustrate organizing elements such as topic sentences, supporting details, and signal words.
- New Learning Outcomes let students know the goals of each chapter and what their learning experience will be.
- New Essential Online Resources contain the answer keys, plus additional activities for extra practice in grammar for writing with a focus on basic punctuation, writing mechanics, and paragraph structure.
- Extensive practice activities and clear teachable steps guide students through prewriting, writing, revising, and editing as they move from personal (emails, journals, letters) to academic (essays, lab reports, analyzing data, college applications) writing.
- Paragraph-writing assignments provide practice in various rhetorical writing types including narration, description, opinion, compare and contrast, cause and effect, and problem/solution.
- Grammar for Writing presents key grammar points and practice to boost accuracy.
- Varied contextualized writing assignments help students with real-life tasks.
- Writer’s tips help students work toward unity, accuracy, and coherence in their paragraphs.
- Extended word banks help increase students' topic-based vocabulary.
- Mapped to the Global Scale of English.