Since first published twenty-five years ago, True Stories has provided entertaining stories and effective reading-skill instruction to English language learners throughout the world, helping them build language skills through a carefully paced, step-by-step process.
The Silver Edition continues to provide stories whose universal appeal ensures a pleasurable reading experience and motivates students toward reading fluency.
New to this edition
• New and updated stories maintain the high interest of the series and capture students’ imaginations.
• A colorful new design makes the readings inviting and enhance students’ understanding and enjoyment of the stories.
• A uniform unit structure runs across all six books* in the edition, making it easy for students to move seamlessly from one level to the next.
• Audio recordings of every reading. Every story in the series has been recorded and made available online for students or teachers to download.
• Digital Resources including:
— audio recordings of every reading
— teaching tips
— answer keys
— additional practice activities
• Pre-reading activities introduce the units visually to ease students into the readings.
• Pre- and post-reading exercises develop vocabulary, reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills.
• A structured discussion activity at the end of each unit prompts students to share their own
• Interactive activities for pair and group work are ideal for multilevel classes.
• Mapped to the Global Scale of English