The Longman Academic Writing Series helps English language students master the writing skills needed to succeed in their academic careers. The fi ve-level series spans writing topics from composing sentences to writing research papers. Each level covers the complete writing process from prewriting to revision.
Level 1 teaches beginning students to write sentences and paragraphs. The text’s proven approach integrates training in grammar, mechanics, vocabulary, sentence structure, and paragraph organization along with the writing process.
- Realistic writing models and systematic practice empower students to write effectively in different genres.
- Clear explanations help students grasp and apply key concepts.
- Sentence structure, grammar, and mechanics instruction helps students develop key writing skills.
- A step-by-step approach guides students seamlessly through the writing process.
- Vocabulary sections help students develop language awareness and improve the quality of their writing. Writing Tips provide useful strategies to enhance students’ writing experience.
- Writing Expansions, including journals, timed writing, and summarizing, build written fluency and test-taking skills.
Enhanced Digital Practice
- An improved MyEnglishLab includes additional practice activities and assessments.
- The Pearson Practice English App allows students to comp