LEAP: Reading and Writing is now a three-level task-based series for students preparing for college or university studies in English. It encourages students to apply critical thinking skills as they engage in academic reading and writing tasks across a range of disciplines. Featuring a variety of challenging readings, a strong focus on vocabulary acquisition, and detailed guidance through the writing process, LEAP: Reading and Writing offers students the skills they need to be successful in the academic world.
- Authentic reading texts from a variety of sources help students to improve their reading skills.
- Focus on reading, writing, and academic survival skills to develop specific competencies, which students apply to the assignments.
- Final assignments synthesize the chapter contents to offer in-depth writing tasks.
- Critical Connections section requires students to apply skills learned in previous chapters and to develop critical thinking skills.
- Access to MySearchLab provides students with research and writing tools.
- Access to My eLab allows students to learn beyond the classroom. Access is free with the purchase of a new book.
My eLab gives students extra practice opportunities with self-graded activities and tests that teachers can customize. A gradebook shows student's progress.
- Vocabulary review exercises.
- Additional comprehension exercises based on texts from the Student Book.
- New content related to themes in the Student Book (reading texts, comprehension, and vocabulary questions).
My eLab Documents include:
- Vocabulary lists by chapter and master Academic Word List.
- A referencing guide.
- Teacher's Guide with answer keys and notes, alternative final assignments, and tests