Voices of Freedom has helped hundreds of thousands of students on their path to United States citizenship. The new full-color edition with three audio CDs prepares students for the civics and English requirements of the new U.S. citizenship test. It also serves as a basic course for students enrolled in adult EL/Civics programs.
- A research-based sequence of integrated grammar, vocabulary, and topics develops students’ language skills and civics knowledge simultaneously.
- Simple narrative readings and hundreds of photographs present U.S. history and government in a context-rich and easy-to-read format.
- Civics Check sections offer practice with the 100 official citizenship questions and answers.
- Authentic dialogs develop students’ language skills for a successful citizenship interview and spoken-English exam.
- Reading and writing tests prepare students for the specific test formats used during the exam.
- Check-Up sections provide all-skills language practice including listening comprehension.
- Unit tests provide ongoing assessment and practice.
- Civic participation activities, including projects, debates, and “online field trips,” enrich learning and meet EL/Civics goals.
- Preparatory units help lower-level students practice basic personal information required on the N-400 citizenship application.
- A Teacher’s Guide offers step-by step instructions, expansion activities, and reproducibles for practice and assessment.
Audio CDs include all readings, dialogs, the 100 official citizenship questions, and listening comprehension activities.
The new Activity & Test Prep Workbook provides supplemental reading, writing, and interview practice for the citizenship exam.