What a World: Amazing Stories from Around the Globe, is a six-book series that explores many fascinating topics from around the world and across history. The stories in What a World cover a diverse range of high-interest topics, from biographical pieces to exploration of cultures in various historical and contemporary periods.
- Words that Go Together activities highlight collocations -- words that are easier to learn together.
- Critical Thinking questions develop students' thiniking skills.
- Spelling and Punctuation activities provide basic rules and practice for essential skills.
- Internet activities build students' Internet research skills.
- Self-Tests help students and teachers assess progress.
- What a World Listening -- a 3-level complementary series -- explores parallel themes to What a World Reading as it develops students' communication skills.