LEAP: Listening and Speaking is now a three-level task-based series for students preparing for college or university studies in English. It encourages students to apply critical thinking skills as they engage in academic listening and speaking tasks across a range of disciplines. Featuring text-based vocabulary and skills practice and a variety of structured speaking assignments, LEAP: Listening and Speaking offers students the skills they need to excel in an academic world.
- Authentic listening texts and video clips feature a broad range of academic disciplines and genres to help students improve their listening skills.
- Focus on listening, speaking, grammar, and academic survival skills allows students to develop the competencies required to communicate effectively in an academic context.
- Final assignments at the end of each chapter offer in-depth speaking tasks that synthesize the chapter contents and help develop advanced critical thinking skills.
- Access to My Search Lab provides students with research and writing tools.
- Access to My eLab allows students to learn beyond the classroom. Access is free with the purchase of a new book.
My eLab gives students extra practice opportunities with self-graded activities and tests that teachers can customize. A gradebook shows student's progress.
- Vocabulary review exercises.
- Additional comprehension exercises based on listening texts from the Student Book.
- New content related to themes in the Student Book (listening passage, comprehension, and vocabulary questions).
My eLab Documents include:
- Vocabulary lists by chapter and master Academic Word List.
- Audio and video files for textbook listenings.
- A referencing guide.
- Teacher's Guide with answer keys and notes, audio and video scripts, alternative final assignments, and tests.